To listen to the blog post “7 Tips That’ll Teach You How To Be A Good Person” click the play button below.
If you want to know how to be a good person it is not a secret. BUT the reason why so many people struggle is that being a good person requires you to work against all these negative emotions such as jealousy, anger, gossiping, revenge, etc. and as you can guess most people cannot do that.
I get that you are not a robot. We do feel emotions but we can learn to control them and how we act on them. Feeling anger does not mean that you have to do something out of revenge, saying something nasty to someone, and then punching them in the face. To be a good person I am going to name what you have to do in a nutshell and all of the behaviors come from the Bible.
1. How To Be A Good Person Bible Verses:
All scripture is God-breathed [given by divine inspiration] and is profitable for instruction, for conviction [of sin], for correction [of error and restoration to obedience], for training in righteousness [learning to live in conformity to God’s will, both publicly and privately ”behaving honorably with personal integrity and moral courage]; so that the a man of God may be complete and proficient, outfitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (AMP)
And if everyone was to follow these five things then the world would be a perfect place. And so they are:
- Love God. Matthew 22:36-38
- Love everyone just as you love yourself. Matthew 22:39
- Live with integrity. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Live with good moral character. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Practice fruits of the spirit with are (love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control). Galatians 5:22-23 ( to learn more about the fruits of the spirit you can see my video down below where I talk about how it helps you in your self healing process. And don’t forget to subscribe to my channel by clicking here)
Since I have given you the formula I could probably just end the blog right here. But I won’t, I am long-winded and I have to explain each thing to teach you exactly how each one shows you how to be a good person that way there are no excuses on your end that you don’t know how to do it. So let’s jump right on into it, shall we?
2. How To Be A Good Person ~ You become a good person by loving God.
The issue in the world today is that there are a bunch of religious people in the world but saying that you are a certain religion is not the same as having a relationship with God. I have seen some religious people that are just as wicked and mean as the day is long. No judgment, but the truth is the truth.
How To Be A Good Person Bible Verses: Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law? And Jesus replied to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. Matthew 22:36-38
And why is this important? Because God is love and if you love God then you will get closer to God and when you get closer to God you will start to become love too.
How To Be A Good Person Bible Verses: Beloved, let us [unselfishly] love and seek the best for one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves [others] is born of God and knows God [through personal experience]. 1 John 4:7
And I know what you may be saying, to love EVERYONE is impossible especially the ones that have hurt you and have done you wrong, and yes it is. But that is where loving God comes in since you cannot do it as a person; as you love God, you allow God to work in you and do what you can’t. Transforming your heart and giving you the ability to love others no matter what.
How To Be A Good Person Bible Verses: But if we love one another [with unselfish concern], God abides in us, and His love [the love that is His essence abides in us and] is completed and perfected in us. 1 John 4:12
Thus bringing me to my next point,
3. How To Be A Good Person ~ Become A Good Person By Loving Everyone As Yourself.
And this was the second commandment that Jesus gave to everyone after loving God first and it goes:
How To Be A Good Person Bible Verse: The second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself [that is, unselfishly seek the best or higher good for others]. Matthew 22:39
And I know what you may be thinking: But Sophia what happened to the 10 commandments?Yeah, they are too hard to remember and like the Bible says they can all be summed up in the above Bible verse AND goes well beyond what was mentioned in the 10 commandments.
How To Be A Good Person Bible Verse: The whole Law and the [writings of the] Prophets depend on these two commandments. Matthew 22: 40
I mean think about it. If you were to see the highest good for everyone else and treat them just like you would yourself how could you NOT be a good person? Would you cheat on yourself? No. Would you deny yourself a promotion if you knew you deserved it? No. Would you sit around lying to yourself, making fun of yourself, and stealing from yourself? Lord, I hope not. And if you would, then that is another issue altogether.
Which is why, it says to treat them like yourself (and just in case you have issues with yourself) it also adds seeks the highest good for other people to prevent any confusion. So when you do that, you are a good person. Also watch my video down below.
4. How To Get a Good Person ~ Be a good person by your moral character:
To understand how to be a good person by your morals you must first understand what morals are: By definition, moral character is the existence or lack of virtues such as integrity, courage, fortitude, honesty, and loyalty.
Now let’s break down each one of these words so that you can understand how this helps you be a good person. Why these are things you need to have and should not have. When it comes to the world integrity we will talk about that specific word below. As for the rest, they are as follows:
- Courage: mental or moral strength to venture, persevere and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty. I am not telling you to go out and put your life at risk or anything like that but think of it more in these terms. How many times have you lacked the courage to stand up for someone when you knew you should have?
Have you seen someone that was being bullied and you just sat there and said nothing but felt bad about it later? Did you bend on what you KNEW was right just because you were scared to stand up for what you believed in because you did not want to go against the crowd? That is what I mean by courage. That you are willing to stand up and do the right thing simply because it is right and not allow other people to influence you because you are afraid of what other people may think about you.
- Fortitude: When someone has fortitude it means that they have emotional power or reserves and the ability to withstand adversity. Sad to say so many people lack fortitude. This may be an extreme but a great example but think of it this way.
If you were broke, and you had an opportunity to steal from someone knowing that you would not get caught would you? The ability to be a good person is the ability to do what is right simply because it is right and even when no one is looking. A good person will deal with them being broke on their own without actually stealing from someone else without causing someone else pain.
- Honesty: We all know what honesty is, but the biggest thing about honestly in regards to how to be a good person is not just telling the truth BUT not doing things that you have to lie for, which I spoke about in my works of the devil video that you can watch below.
It would not make you a good person if you kill someone only to be honest about it when the police ask you did you do it. Yes, you were honest but you killed someone and that is not a trait of a good person. What would make you a good person would be to not do things you do not have to lie about. And if you did have to tell the truth about something, it would not matter because what you did was not something bad anyway.
- Loyalty: a feeling of strong support for someone or something. BUT you have to remember what I said earlier that you should love everyone. Meaning that you should be loyal to everyone but not in the sense that you do something crazy by being loyal to one person.
So you cannot say that your loyalty means you are a good person because someone has asked you to hide a dead body and you did it to show your loyalty. Is that in the greatest good for the person who died or for that person’s family and who wondered what happened to the person who died? NO. That would only be in the greater good for the person who is a killer. AKA the bad person and that is not loyalty.
5. How To Be A Good Person ~ You Will Be A Good Person When You Live With Integrity
How To Be A Good Person Bible Verses ~ The definition of integrity is: the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles that you refuse to change.
We already know what honesty is and we know what morals are because I just defined them above. Now you may be wondering what are the principles that you must stay true to and refuse to change? You may think because each person may have their different viewpoints of what their principles are.
And once again I repeat back to you go back to tip #2 when it says to love your neighbor as yourself and seek the highest good for them. This is the universal principle of being a good person. In case you are STILL confused I want to follow up with the following verse on what your principles should be:
How To Be A Good Person Bible Verses: Finally, all of you be like-minded [united in spirit], sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted [courteous and compassionate toward each other as members of one household], and humble in spirit; and never return evil for evil or insult for insult [avoid scolding, berating, and any kind of abuse], but on the contrary, give a blessing [pray for one another’s well-being, contentment, and protection]; for you have been called for this very purpose, that you might inherit a blessing [from God that brings well-being, happiness, and protection]. 1 Peter 3:8-10
6. How To Be A Good Person ~ Case in point:
Learn how to be a good person by having integrity. A lesson on integrity and morality the story of Daniel. I was listening to the story of Daniel the other day (yes listening not reading) and I was reminded of the character of Daniel. I know a lot of people get fearful of being a good person or living by the above rules because people want to live by the world’s rules or bend because they want people to like them. And so they do something that is morally wrong or that lacks integrity. I always feel that if you are a good person then God has your back, take for example.
Then the [other two] commissioners and the satraps began trying to find a reason to bring a complaint against Daniel concerning the [administration of the] kingdom; but they could find no reason for an accusation or evidence of corruption, because he was faithful [a man of high moral character and personal integrity], and no negligence or corruption [of any kind] was found in him. Daniel 6: 3-4
Meaning when you do the right thing and are a good person (even if it is not popular) then you have to believe that God will have your back and bless you in the long run. That is something that I like to call spiritual cockiness which you can watch my video below on what. And don’t forget to subscribe to my channel by clicking here.
7. How To be A Be a Good Person by Staying Away From the Work of the Flesh and Practicing the Works of the Spirit
If you want to know how to be a good person then you need to have the fruits of the spirit because they are the opposite of the works of the flesh and they are what keeps you in check whenever you want to do something crazy otherwise known as doing something that would make be a bad person. I have a full blog on the works of the flesh so I won’t mention every single works of the flesh but I will mention the main ones that I think you will relate to the most:
- Immorality (the opposite of being moral we talked about this above)
- Total irresponsibility (knowing that you are drunk and choosing to drive, creating children and not taking care of them, making bad decisions and blaming other people for your behavior).
- Lack of self-control (Being an internet troll or bully, fighting someone just because they say something you do not like, stealing because you cannot help it, cheating on your spouse because you “feel” you cannot help yourself).
- Idolatry ~ Being overly materialistic or caring about money too much especially when you are willing to kill, steal, destroy, and step on other people to get what you want.
- Sorcery ~ Cursing people, saying you want someone to die, wishing harm on them (your words do have power). And then, of course, do not try to put spells or something crazy on people.
- Hostility strife, fits of anger, disputes, dissensions ~ anger outburst, hitting people, causing court disputes for no reason as in trying to just sue any and everyone for money just because you want to be greedy. Being hostile toward people, being racist, sexist, and arguing with people for no reason.
- Jealousy ~ self-explanatory. Click here to read my blog on how to control your jealousy.
- Drunkenness, riotous behavior ~ You can drink BUT to the point that you are drunk that you cannot stand up and cannot remember your actions, you are angry, fighting people, raping people, or causing riots.
To be a good person do the opposite of the above behavior (found in Galatians 5:19-21) and instead do what is called the fruits of the spirit found in (Galatians 5:22-23). And to be a good person I mean pretty much practice all of these and you cannot go wrong:
- Love ~ (unselfish concern for others) as we already spoke about.
- Joy ~ (inner peace) because happiness comes from within. When you are happy with yourself it is a lot easier to be happy with the world around you and treat them as such.
- Patience ~ with other people. That means not getting angry or upset with the cashier who got your order messed up in the drive-through and then saying something mean because you feel they are not moving fast enough. But instead just being patient understanding it’s just not that serious and that your reaction is off of you being selfish.
- Kindness and goodness ~ being nice and good to other people. Not trying to judge them because of what YOU think they should be doing or who you perceive them to be. But being kind and good to them simply because they are a person.
- Self-control~ Not saying something crazy to someone even if they said something crazy to you. Not cheating on your spouse or partner because you can CONTROL yourself. Not being vengeful and retaliating against people because you want to, you are jealous of them, or even if you feel like they did something to you.
And, literally, that is how to become a good person. It is not that complicated, right? I know you may be thinking that it may require you to be perfect and none of us are perfect but you can at least work on yourself and improve. Each day try to make an ACTUAL EFFORT (do not just say you tried to make an effort but not really try).
But make a REAL effort to change your behavior and the more you do it will become easier and easier, and you will get better and better at it. Also, don’t forget to check out my video on the woman that God wants you to be that will give you more tips on how to be a good person that is specific to women.
And if you know someone that may need to read this blog then go ahead and share it with them. And I have something for you that will help you change your behavior and it is called my Christian Manifestation Guide with both affirmations and Bible scriptures that will help change the way you think and ultimately the way you act. Click here or the picture below to buy.
Be the first to comment