Being a single mother I mastered the art of an at-home spa day on a budget. And if you are a single mother like me and you cannot just take time out of your day to pamper yourself these DIY spa day at home ideas are for you. I can relate:
- To being on a budget.
- I can relate to not having enough time.
- And I can relate to just being lazy and not wanting to leave my house.
So whatever your reason for wanting an at-home spa day is, you will get no judgment from me.
Because in many ways having an at home spa day can be a whole lot better and much more relaxing than having gone to a spa away from your house. This is why for all your spa day at home needs I have come up with the absolute best and most affordable DIY spa day at home ideas. You guys should already know. I love luxury on a budget. Post contains affiliate links.
You ready let’s get into it.
How To Have A Luxury At Home Spa Day On A Budget #1 Homemade Sugar Scrub
Sugar scrubs are a great way to exfoliate and moisturize your whole body in the shower. This sugar scrub is a Lemon and Lavender Lemon Sugar Scrub and it only takes about 5 minutes to make. You can view the full recipe here.
How To Have A Luxury At Home Spa Day On A Budget ~What you will need is below:
- Coconut Oil (click to buy)
- Lemon Essential Oils (click to buy)
- Lavender Essential Oils (Click to buy)
- Food Coloring (Click to buy)
This homemade sugar scrub is so easy to make and it smells heavenly! It only takes 5 minutes to make and uses simple ingredients. Turn your bathroom into a spa and use it 2 to 3 times a week on your hands, face or body to gently exfoliate. It leaves your skin feeling silky smooth with just a faint lavender smell. So luxurious!
How To Have A Luxury At Home Spa Day On A Budget #2 DIY Geode Bath Bombs
For an at home spa day, bath bombs are a must. There are a lot of bath bombs out there but I really love the idea of this one because if you are going to have an at-home spa day then you mine as well make bath bombs that look like gems. You can see the full recipe by clicking here, also feel free to watch the video below. But what you will need is as follows:
- 3 tbsp. epsom salt (click to buy)/ coarse sea salt (click to buy)/dead sea salt (click to buy)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (click to buy)
- food or soap coloring (click to buy)
- 1/2 cup baking soda (click to buy)
- 1/4 cup citric acid (click to buy)
- 1/4 cup corn starch (click to buy)
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp of rubbing alcohol (click to buy)
- a few drops of essential oil (click to buy)
How To Have A Luxury At Home Spa Day On A Budget #3 Hair Mask
Below is a DIY conditioner that I made for my hair. And even though I have natural hair, this conditioner actually works for all types of hair but I am showing you on my natural hair because that is what I have. It is made out of simple ingredients that include Egg, Olive oil, Avocado Oil or Avocados, and Honey. My ingredients used in this video:
- Argon Oil Moisture Repair Conditioner (Click here to buy)
- Mega care Olive Oil (click here to buy)
- VIA Natural Avocado Oil (click to buy)
How To Have A Luxury At Home Spa Day On A Budget #4 Apple Cider Vinegar Foot Soak
Apple cider vinegar plays a very responsible role towards relieving the pain, ache, and hard skin of the foot zone. You can view all the benefits and the recipe by clicking here.
- It helps in treating foot fungus with a combination of Epsom salt and dried lavender
- Treats Athlete foot with hot water combination
- Treats smelly feet when combined with hot water, baking soda and thyme oil
- Treats Warts, corns and Calluses
- For dry toes it works good and you need to exfoliate the dry toes skin using a pumice stone
- For treating Toenail Fungus apple cider vinegar is very good and you can add few drop of Listerine to heal fungal problem.
- ACV with Epsom salts Helps in relieving of pain caused due to minor sunburn
- ACV with Epsom salts Helps in treating Sore feet muscles
- ACV with Epsom salts Helps in soothing a bee sting
- ACV with Epsom salts Helps in relieving of stress
- ACV with Epsom salts Supports in improving the health of heart and blood circulatory system, with reduction of irregular heartbeats
- Helps in Improving the ability of body to make use of insulin, will control of severity in diabetes
- ACV with Epsom salts Supports in Flushing of toxins and other metals from foot cells
- ACV with Epsom salts Improvement in nerve function with electrolyte regulation
- Take 2 tea cups full of apple cider vinegar (Click here to buy)
- Luke warm hot water of ½ gallon
- Epsom salt of ½ cup
- Arrange all ingredients and then mix it well in big tub or a foot soaker (click here to buy)
- Once the mixing is done place your feet in mixture.
- Soak your feet for about 20 to 30 minutes or till the time the water gets cooled down completely.
- Put your feet out and pat it dry with towel.
- Repeat the process once in every seven days.
How To Have A Luxury At Home Spa Day On A Budget #5 Soft Feet
This is a little recipe of mine is the sense that my mother taught it to me and it is so easy to do. And you only need three ingredients dead sea salt (click to buy), Vaseline (click to buy), and a zip lock bag (click to buy). Check out my full video below for how to do the treatment.
How To Have A Luxury At Home Spa Day On A Budget #6 At Home Manicure
I found this amazing 20 minute manicure from the Busy Mom At Home which you can click here to see. And here are the basic 13 steps that you can follow.
- Remove Your Old Nail Polish
- Soak Nails in Warm Water (click here for a manicure bowl)
- Push Back Your Cuticles (click here for the entire manicure set)
- Trim You Cuticles and Nails
- Shape You Nails
- Exfoliate Your Hands (the salt scrub from #1 is good for this)
- Moisturize Your Hands (Click here to buy)
- Prepare Nail Bed
- Apply A Base Coat (Click to buy)
- Apply Two Color Coats (Click to buy)
- Apply A Top Coat (Click to buy)
- Clean Up Mistakes
- Allow Time For Your Nails To Dry (click to buy)
How To Have A Luxury At Home Spa Day On A Budget #7 Coconut Oil and Honey Face Mask
I am such a huge fan of coconut oil and I have written an actual blog on it which you can read here. In this sense, the coconut oil is being used for a face mask. And you can see the full recipe here. While raw honey serves as a spectacular sweetener in the kitchen, it also can be incredible for your skin when mixed with coconut oil and applied topically.
Honey is hygroscopic, which means it absorbs water molecules from the air and retains moisture. It also has strong antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties, making it great for acne-prone skin and other inflammatory conditions. Honey contains varying concentrations of polyphenols, which are powerful antioxidants that counteract the effects of free radicals, and may help repair damaged tissue.
It also contains alpha-hydroxy acids, which makes it a great gentle exfoliator. In short, because honey has moisturizing, antimicrobial, and restorative properties, it’s great for using as a homemade face mask. It also may help improve a variety of skin conditions, which makes it great for all skin types.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil (click to buy)
- 1.5 teaspoons raw, unpasteurized honey (Click to buy)
- 1-2 drops lavender essential oil (click to buy)
Mix raw honey with coconut oil and lavender essential oil by stirring with a toothpick or small spoon. If the mixture is too viscous, throw it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes. Once it’s hardened slightly, remove from the fridge and whip it with a spoon. After cleansing your skin, apply DIY coconut oil and honey face mask across your face with your fingers using small circular strokes. Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes.
How To Have A Luxury At Home Spa Day On A Budget
Okay, so these are all my little tips and tricks for a DIY spa day at home. Below you can view my video for my at-home spa day and I used some of my favorite beauty products that I like to use for my at-home spa day. Which are.
- Neutrogena Body Oil (click to buy)
- Original Premier Dead Sea Salt Scrub (click to buy)
- Avocado & Grapefruit Facial Masque (click to buy)
- Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub Shea Moisture (click to buy)
- African Black Soap Body Wash (click to buy)
- Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector (click to buy)
- Ambi Even & Clear Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 (click to buy)