To listen to the blog post “12 Bible Verses For Prosperity You’ll Need To Follow” Over reading it just click the play button below.
Nowhere in the Christian handbook does it say that God wants you to be in an eternal struggle. It is such a Christian myth that so many of us live by. This is why I am going to share these Bible verses about blessings and prosperity to you AND explain why it is God’s intentions for you to prosper just as your soul prospers.
Not to sit around, to be broke, and to wait until you get to heaven before you inherit the kingdom of God. STOP PLAYING. That is not God’s plan for any of us. But before we get into the post be sure to check out my video below on how God wants you to prosper. Also, click here to subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
1-3 Bible verses about blessings and prosperity ~ Can You Be Trusted With Much?
1. Bible Verses For Prosperity: “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.” Luke 16:10
If you cannot be faithful to what you have then God is not going to bless you with more. The whole point of this prosperity thing is that God does not want you to be someone that just spends their money irresponsibly.
- Do you pay your bills on time?
- Your rent on time?
- Are you spending so much money on clothes that you do not have enough money to pay for the things you need to pay?
- Are you over-drafting your account every month?
- Are all of your credit cards maxed out and you refuse to pay them down?
If this is you then why on Earth would God give you more of anything? You are not responsible for what you have. Take this story.
Bible Verses About Prosperity Read the parables of the Bags of Gold: Matthew 25:14-28
Basically what happened was that a man ( the master) went on a journey and gave three of his servants various bags of gold according to their ability. When the master came back, the servant that was given 5 bags of gold earned 5 more, and the servant with 2 bags made the master two more. To the two servants the master replied:
2. Bible Verses on prosperity “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!” Matthew 25:23
The third servant was the sorry servant. He was the servant who received one bag of gold did nothing with it but bury it into the ground. And to that the master responded:
3. Bible Verses on prosperity: “You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned, I would have received it back with interest.” Matthew 25:26-27
If there is any moral to this story, you need to be like the top two servants. Use what you have, use your money wisely, and get rewarded for your hard work. Do not be like the third servant and not do anything and therefore got nothing. And then what he did have was given to the other servants. You can also watch my video below where I spoke about the story of the talents.
4 & 5. Bible verses about blessings and prosperity ~ You Will Prosper As Your Soul Prospers
4. Bible Verses About Prosperity: “Beloved, I pray that in every way you may prosper and enjoy good health, as your soul also prospers.” 3 John 1:2
In this verse, it says that you are to prosper in the same way that your soul prospers. Remember the key to this is that your SOUL has to prosper. Do not think that God is going to continue to give you blessings and prosperity and you have an ugly heart and are a mean-spirited person. Your first obligation is to become one with God, get close to God, and prosper your soul so that God can prosper you.
If you are wondering how exactly to do that, then I take some advice from the following verse:
5. Bible Verses On Prosperity: “Walk in obedience to him, and keep his decrees and commands, his laws and regulations, as written in the Law of Moses. Do this so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go.” 1 Kings 2:3
Obedience and keeping the Lord’s commands are God’s blueprint on teaching your soul to prosper. And once your soul prospers you prosper.
6. Bible verses about blessings and prosperity ~ You Can Have Money But Not Covet It
6. Bible Verses For Prosperity: “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.” 1 Timothy 6:10
Notice that this Bible verse says that the love of money is the root of all evil and not money itself (read my blog here). As explained in the above two verses it is not sinful to prosperous, BUT it is sinful to love money. It is a sin to love it so much that you are willing to do anything for it (lie, cheat, or steal). Because if you are risking robbing a bank to get money that means you love money more than God. Because if you love God you would not rob a bank.
7. Bible verses about blessings and prosperity ~ God Wants To Bless You
7. Bible Verses For Prosperity: “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Luke 6:38
This is actually one of my favorite Bible verses about blessing and prosperity. Because it shows that God is in the business of blessing you. This verse is literally like God having a big cup and pouring blessings into it. Then when the container is full, He shakes the cup to make more room, pushes the contents of the container down to make even more room AND THEN he starts pouring blessing into it again. So much so that they are running over and this is after He has already pressed down and shaken together and already full cup. That is how God wants to bless you.
8. Bible verses about blessings and prosperity ~ God Wants To Give You What You Want
8. Bible verses on Prosperity: “Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4
If there is a desire in your heart to have a big home, to be able to provide for your family, to have a nice car, have a high paying job. It is okay to desire these things as long as you do not covet these things. And the way that you keep from coveting these things is to delight in the LORD first. That is the first step to getting the desires of your heart. God wants to bless you, but He wants to come first in your life. He does not want you to desire anything more than you desire Him. And once you have mastered the art of God first and everything else second, then God will give you the desires of your heart.
9 &10. Bible verses about blessings and prosperity ~ Nothing Comes Easy
9. Bible Verses For Prosperity: “The LORD was with Joseph so that he prospered, and he lived in the house of his Egyptian master. When his master saw that the LORD was with him and that the LORD gave him success in everything he did, Joseph found favor in his eyes and became his attendant. Potiphar put him in charge of his household, and he entrusted to his care everything he owned.” Genesis 39:2-4
It is so important to illustrate the actual story of Joseph because no one ever says that prospering is immediate and no one says that you will not go through some hardship before God prospers you. This is why I want you to click here to read my blog on how God prospered Joseph and others AFTER they went through some things.
You can read about the blessings of Joseph but more than anything you need to read the entire story of Joseph so that you can see the whole hardship that he went through before he got prosperity. And the reason why Joseph was placed in this position was that his brothers sold him into slavery.
Getting blessing and prosperity never means that you are going to have it all made in the shade. Know that:
10. Bible Verses For Prosperity: “All things God works for the good of those who love him, and who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
“Do not despise struggle because struggle can lead to prosperity.”
Also, check out my video below and how to glory in your suffering.
11. & 12. Bible verses about blessings and prosperity ~ It Requires Hard Work
11. Bible Verses About Prosperity: “From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.” Luke 12:48
God does want to bless you, but God is not about giving a free ride. I mean, even Ruth was working in the field trying to gather food, and that is where Boaz recognized her. She was not sitting at home, watching the paint try, and wishing, hoping, thinking, and praying a man would walk through the door. You need to get up and do something. Prayer can move mountains, but it is not going to get you what you want out of life if you are lazy and unwilling to do.
12. Bible Verses On Prosperity: “But someone will say, ‘You have faith; I have deeds.’ Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.” James 2:14
When you pray, it does take faith. But never think that because you pray you do not have to do anything. Faith and works go hand and hand. Pray AND then take actionable steps that God is telling you to take. DO not just rely on prayer and a wish upon a star thinking that prosperity is going to land in your lap. God is going to require some action on your part.
These are the 7 Bible verses about blessings and prosperity that I have for you as well as what they mean for you. I hope more than anything this is pure evidence that God’s plan for your life does not include suffering, struggle, and robbing Peter to pay Paul. I heard the best Joel Osteen message about this same subject that you can listen to below.
My products that will help you get into your abundance mindset. The Ultimate Law of Attraction and Christianity Manifestation Guide ~ Click here or the picture below: