To listen to this blog post “18 Bible Verses On Patience” over reading it click the play button below.
And don’t forget to subscribe to my channel.
Here are some of the best Bible verses about having patience. And because having patience can come in many forms, such as:
- Knowing how to have patience when you are going through something hard.
- Knowing how to have patience with other people.
- How to have patience when you are single.
- And even how to have patience when waiting for a blessing.
There are so many situations in our lives that God requires us to have patience. So here are some of the Bible verses about how to have patience in each of those situations.
Bible Verses About Having Patience While In A Hard Time ~ Bible Verses On Patience (1-7)
It can be very difficult to have patience when you are going through a hard time. One of the most trying times for me personally was when I lost my job, had no money, and I had to remain patient about finding a job, getting a job, and to have the patience that something would come through.
What this taught me was that the thing about God wanting us to learn patience is that He wants us to learn to be content when we are up and when we are down. As you will see from the following Bible verses, God wants to bless us but that He puts us through hard times so that He can actually teach us something.
So no matter what hard times you are going through, be rest assured that God wants to bless you still. And it is our job to remain positive and hopeful while waiting for that blessing. All of the following Bible verses about patience are from the amplified Bible. Click here to buy the Bible I read from.
- Constantly rejoicing in hope [because of our confidence in Christ], steadfast and patient in distress, devoted to prayer [continually seeking wisdom, guidance, and strength], Roman 12:12
- Let us not grow weary or become discouraged in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap if we do not give in. Galatians 6:9
- Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] requests known to God. Philippians 4:6
- But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] Will gain new strength and renew their power; They will lift up their wings [and rise up close to God] like eagles [rising toward the sun]; They will run and not become weary, They will walk and not grow tired. Isaiah 40:31
- For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future Jeremiah 29:11
- For you have the need of patient endurance [to bear up under difficult circumstances without compromising], so that when you have carried out the will of God, you may receive and enjoy to the full what is promised. Hebrews 10:36
- I waited patiently and expectantly for the Lord, And He inclined to me and heard my cry. Psalm 40:1
Bible Verses About Having Patience When Waiting For A Blessing ~ Bible Verses On Patience (8-10)
God may have told you something, that you were going to be blessed in some areas like getting a better job, making more money, or getting an opportunity. But as time goes by and you do not see the blessings that you know for a fact God told you, you were going to get.
You grow impatient. But just because you do not see your blessings YET. The keyword here is YET. That does not mean that your blessings are not coming. The following Bible verses about patience will help you and remind you not to give up hope.
- Be still before the Lord; wait patiently for Him and entrust yourself to Him; Do not fret (whine, agonize) because of him who prospers in his way, Psalm 37:7
- So wait patiently, brothers and sisters, until the coming of the Lord. The farmer waits [expectantly] for the precious harvest from the land, being patient about it, until it receives the early and late rains. You too, be patient; strengthen your hearts [keep them energized and firmly committed to God], because the coming of the Lord is near. James 5:7-8
- The Lord does not delay [as though He were unable to act] and is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is [extraordinarily] patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9
Bible Verses About Having Patience With Other People ~ Bible Verses On Patience (11-14)
Having patience with other people used to be a huge struggle for me. Because let’s face it, some people are hard to get along with. We deal with people who try our patience all the time. Or perhaps you may be the person who lacks patience and you are the one snapping at other people all the time.
And therefore you need to learn to have more patience when dealing with people. If either one of these is the case, then the following Bible verses about patience will help you learn how to be patient with other people.
- The end of a matter is better than its beginning; Patience of spirit is better than haughtiness of spirit (pride). Ecclesiastes 7:8
- We [earnestly] urge you, believers, admonish those who are out of line [the undisciplined, the unruly, the disorderly], encourage the timid [who lack spiritual courage], help the [spiritually] weak, be very patient with everyone [always controlling your temper]. 1 Thessalonians 5:14
- Understand this, my beloved brothers and sisters. Let everyone be quick to hear [be a careful, thoughtful listener], slow to speak [a speaker of carefully chosen words and], slow to anger [patient, reflective, forgiving]; James 1:19
- May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, Romans 15:5
Bible Verses About Having Patience When Waiting For Love ~ Bible Verses On Patience (15-17)
How many of my single women out there feel a little abandonment when it comes to love. You may have had a string of bad relationships or have been single for a long time. I get it, but trust that no matter what your situation is, you need to wait for the right person, and the right person will come when the time is right. And if you are a single Christian woman you may want to check out my book for single women “Fix It Jesus, For Single Women Only.” Just click here to get it.
- But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait eagerly for it with patience and composure. Ephesians 4:2
- Love endures with patience and serenity, love is kind and thoughtful, and is not jealous or envious; love does not brag and is not proud or arrogant. 1 Corinthians 13:4
- So Jacob served [Laban] for seven years for [the right to marry] Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her. Genesis 29:20
If you enjoyed these Bible verses about patience then you may want to consider getting my Christian Manifestation Guide ebook. It has 29 affirmations and Bible Verses for self-esteem, confidence, career, and so much more. Just click here to buy.
Be the first to comment