To listen to the blog post “When You Feel Empty Inside As A Christian” over reading it then click the play button below.
I want to talk about what to do when you have a feeling of emptiness as a Christian. Because the fact of the matter is, is that “feeling of emptiness” is something that so many Christians feel but feel like they cannot talk about because everything is supposed to be perfect. Everything is not perfect and as Christians, we can sometimes have this feeling of emptiness. But what does it mean?
First, I highly suggest you watch my video on when I was suffering from depression as a Christian. Which you can watch below and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking here. But one thing that I talk about in that video is how I felt the feeling of emptiness as a Christian and what it did to me. Just to let you know that you are not alone.
1. When You Feel Empty Inside ~ Why You May Have Feeling Of Emptiness As A Christain
Often times that feeling of emptiness you have is that you feel a separation from God. Now before you get offended and think that I am saying that God has just abandoned you or you have abandoned God that is not what I am saying. I think that sometimes life can get so busy, situations can get so hectic, and what we experience on an everyday basis can make us so busy that we unknowingly separate ourselves from God. And when we separate ourselves from God (AKA the source) then we can feel empty.
I want you to read my blog on the Samaritan woman and also watch my video down below where Jesus told the woman at the well that she was thirsty. Because she was using men to fill the empty void that she had in her heart where God was supposed to be. And so the Bible states:
Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again. But whoever drinks the water that I give him will never be thirsty again. But the water that I give him will become in him a spring of water [satisfying his thirst for God] welling up [continually flowing, bubbling within him] to eternal life.” John 4: 13-14
Meaning that men, money, people, places, things cannot fill the feeling of emptiness you have inside. So if you are trying to find your happiness in things that are external to you, then you are going to feel empty because those are just things. And you probably need to connect back to God.
2. When You Feel Empty Inside ~ How To Determine If This Is You
- You Have Trouble Hearing From God: When I was at my best I can hear from God as clear as day. But when I have a feeling of emptiness then that is what I became. God was always speaking but I could not hear. So if you have trouble hearing from God, then that could be the source of your feeling of emptiness. Check out my video below for more on that.
- When You Feel Empty Inside Remember You are always looking at the glass half empty: The Bible teaches us that we should learn to be content in all things, no matter if we are up or down (Philippians 4:11). If you are always complaining and focused on the bad then that is how you will feel. Empty, hopeless, because you feel like your life is hopeless. And if this is you, that could be keeping you in a state of emptiness.
- When You Feel Empty Inside ~ You feel everything else can make you happy: Having money can make us happy, clothes, shoes, and other material things. But that should not be the source of our happiness and the joy that these things bring is only eternal. You are using them as a way to fill that feeling of emptiness that you have, and God is supposed to be there. This can even go for those who feel they must have a relationship in order to be happy.
As I said in my video, you are complete on your own and when you use outside sources external to God to make you happy then you will always be chasing something else instead of learning to be happy on your own. The following video is a quote from my book for single women ( Fix It Jesus For Single Women Only) which you can click here to get.
3. When You Feel Empty Inside ~ What You Should Do To Heal That Feeling Of Emptiness
You can watch my video below on how to hear from God and also click here that will give you many ways of getting creative to connect with God so that you can properly hear from him. And most importantly get direction from him on how He can work with you in order to fill that feeling of emptiness that you feel inside.
Don’t forget to share this post and also leave a comment to be eligible to get a free life coaching session with me. And also, check out my Christian Manifestation Guide for positive affirmations and Bible verses that will help you with connecting with God. Click here to buy.