To listen to the blog post “Top Questions To Ask A Guy To Determine If He’s Worth Your Time” over reading it. Just click the play button below.
Let’s get into questions to ask a guy so that you can quickly determine if he is worth your time or not. Before we get into the questions, I actually want to get into the mindset that you should be in before you start asking men questions. Because women have a really bad habit of putting on the rose-colored glasses and hearing what they want to hear instead of hearing the man’s actual answer. So it really does not matter what questions you want to ask a guy if you are just going to throw the red flags out of the window. Therefore, before you get into these questions to ask a guy remember:
- The point of the questions is to actually get to know the man faster to find out if you should continue dating him or not.
- To get to know a man deeper to find out if he is compatible with you or not.
- So that you can get to know a man’s actual intentions for you.
Also, check out my video on how to weed men out on the first date for additional tips, and also don’t forget to subscribe to my channel by clicking here.
Things You Should Not Do When Asking Your Questions
- You should not be forceful. Yes, you are trying to weed out the man but you are not trying to interrogate him. Being too forceful is a turn-off.
- Do not make excuses for his answers. If he says something that you don’t want to hear such as he is into plural marriage and you are not. Believe him, don’t try to hear something else because you want him to be the one.
- Do not go in blind in regards to what you are looking for. You should have deal breakers (which you can read my blog here) before you ask the questions. That way you know what answers to look for.
Questions To Ask A Guy To Get To Know Him
This set of questions are ones that you can try to ask at the onset. If you are meeting a man while you are out and about and you just so happen to strike up a conversation or you are talking on the phone, these are some of the questions to ask a guy to get to know him to see if you even want to go out on a date with him. Also, check out my video below on how to meet men on an everyday basis.
Your main point in asking these questions is to see if he has some of the bare basics of what you need. This includes a man, which has a job, goals, and he is in a position that he is providing and caring for himself. In layman’s terms, we are trying to weed out men children who have no job and just want to leech off you. Which, I have a blog post that you can read here.
- Do you live or work around this area? (This will tell you if he has a job and if he lives around the area he may mention he lives with his roommate, mom, apartment, etc).
- What do you like to do for fun? This will tell you if he is the type of man who actually wants to take you out on a date OR if he just says he likes to sit at home and his ideal date is Netflix and Chill.
Questions To Ask A Guy To Get To Know Him Deeper
These questions come in over the phone. And note I did not say text. One of the best ways to gauge a man’s answers to the questions is to actually hear his voice as he answers them. You can tell if a man is just spitting game to you, telling you what you want to hear, or just saying the stereotypical answers. But ideally, a man should be giving you very specific answers.
Most recently I was chatting with a man and I kept trying to find out his occupations. He said he was a business owner and I simply asked him what he did for a living. First, through text which he avoided the question and then over the phone which he stuttered, talked in a circle, and then avoided the questions. And to this day I still don’t know what that man does because I stopped talking to him. If a man is evasive in answering the questions, is very vague, or doesn’t answer them at all. Be concerned.
- What is it that you do and how long have you been doing that?
- Do you have any children, do you want more in the future?
- Do you live by yourself or have a roommate? (This question is important, I have met men still living with ex-girlfriends or even their wives)
Also, check out my video on how to be equally yoked. It will give you an idea of how to find a partner that is right for you as well as what type of questions to come up with when trying to determine if a man is right for you.
Questions To Ask a Guy On A Date
By the time you get to a face-to-face date, you should know the man pretty well and this is also a chance to have face-to-face interaction. That means that you can ask questions and read the man’s face all at the same time. One thing I want women to understand is that men can tell you anything but what they tell you does not mean that it is true. What will give men away is their facial expression, lack of eye contact, nervousness when asking the question, or if on a date they don’t want to talk at all but just want to talk about sex. All of these are cues on if a man is worth your time.
- Tell me something unique about you that is interesting that I do not already know?
- What are some of the goals you are really working toward right now? When do you think you will finish them?
When it comes to questions to ask a guy on a date it is about the interaction between you two. If you start by asking open-ended questions such as these, ideally the man will expand on his answers and you can start a deeper conversation from there. So that you can really get to know him. Watch my video below for more on how to behave on a date.
Questions To Ask A Guy To Know His Intentions
These are questions to ask a guy so that you know his intention and ideally you should have been on a few dates or gotten to know each other on a surface level at this point. You do not want to ask a man his intentions too soon or else you may just scare him away. But if he is able to get to know you and you get to know him, then you are more likely to get a more truthful answer of what his intentions are toward you.
- Where do you see our relationship or dating situation going?
- Do you see yourself getting married in the future? If so, what does that look like for you? When do you feel you may be ready?
- What do you think about me so far, am I the type of woman you see in your future?
Notice that these questions are open-ended. Meaning that they are not just a yes or no, it really forces the man to open up on his answers so that way you can determine what his intentions are. If he is invasive saying things like ‘well I don’t know where any of us are going to be 5 months from now. I may not be alive.” This is him avoiding the question and you should be concerned. For more relationship and dating advice for my single ladies out there, I have a book for you (Fix It Jesus For Single Women Only) that you can click here to buy.