To listen to the blog post “15 Uplifting Bible Verses For Hard Times” over reading it just click the play button down below.
In this post, I am going to give you 15 key Bible verses for hard times that will help you out tremendously. We have all been through hard times but it can feel even worse when we feel that what we are going through is unwarranted or we do not even know why we are going through what we are going through.
This is why not only am I going to give you Bible verses for hard times, but also offer some encouragement on the type of hard times you are facing and why God even gives us hard times in the first place. Also, check out my video and blog for prayers for getting you through hard times for additional encouragement. And don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking here.
Uplifting Bible Verses For Hard Times ~ When God Wants To Make You Stronger
The first lesson you need to understand when getting through hard times is that there are going to be bad times. No matter if you are a Christian, good person, and no matter what; more than likely at some point in your life you are going to hit a rough patch. It is not a reflection on you and it does not always mean that God is punishing you. I used to think this (read my blog on being mad at God).
But I come to understand that there is a reason and season for everything and every person that we meet. And just like you will meet positive people you will meet negative people too. Some people are not going to like you, just because you are you (read my blog here).
Some are going to be jealous of you (read my blog here), there are times that you will be treated unfairly, or you will have to deal with people who want to bring you down (read my blog here). There are also things that happen in life just because they are happening and there is nothing you can do about it but to go through it. But guess what, oftentimes God is not allowing these things to happen to us to break us down but to build us up. Therefore, the first set of Bible verses for hard times reminds us of this.
“If we never had a problem then how would our strength ever be tested, and if our strength is never tested, how can we know how high we can jump or how far we can reach. “
- Bible verse #1: “but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.” Romans 5:3-4
- Bible verse #2: “I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born, says the Lord.” Isaiah 66:9
- Bible Verse #3: “For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
- Bible Verse #4: “We are hard-pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.” 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
- Bible Verse #5: And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 1 Peter 5:10
- Bible Verse #6 But in that coming day no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the LORD; their vindication will come from me. I, the LORD, have spoken! Isaiah 54:17
- Bible Verse #7 “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”
- Bible Verse #8- “In all this, you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory, and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.” 1 Peter 1:6-7
You see. These Bible verses for hard times prove that everyone goes through something at some time in their life. And it does not mean that we are less godly or Christian just because we are facing hardship. Read the book of Job if you want to read more Bible verses for hard times where you will see that Job was righteous in the eyes of God.
God gave permission to the devil to test Job to prove his faithfulness to God. Job did not do anything wrong, it was just a test and it was to make him stronger. Understand that hardship does not mean you are being punished. Often times it so strengthens your character.
Once we have been through the tough times and still come out on top, then we know next time we go through something we cannot be so easily knocked down or swayed. Not only that, but we are able to recognize quicker and faster the people and things that are not good for us because we would have already “been there and done that” and feel no need to repeat past mistakes (also click here to read my blog on how to judge people). Also, check out my video on how to glory in your suffering where I talk more about this.
Uplifting Bible Verses For Hard Times ~ Is God Trying To Tell You Something
There are times where you can be the reason for your own demise. If you are sitting here praying to God wondering what is going on and why you are going through hardship then you need to reflect on if you play an active role in it. Just like the story in the Bible. When Moses led the Hebrews out of Egypt, the trip to the promised land was only supposed to take 40 days! Which I have a video on that you can watch down below.
But because of their constant unbelief, complaining, and not seeing what God wanted them to see, it took 40 years! In those 40 years, the original generation had passed away, including Moses, and did not see the promised land. They were freed from Egypt and everything started out okay but stumbling so many times that they did not quite make it to the promised land.
Because they would not listen and because they kept making the same mistakes over and over. And so God kept punishing them try to show them that they needed to change. BUT they did not listen. The following Bible verses about getting through hard times will allow you to reflect on why God puts us through hard times and if he may be trying to get your attention and tell you to change. Therefore, the remaining Bible verses for hard times are to remind us of this.
- Bible Verse #9: Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray. Proverbs 10:17
- Bible Verse #10: Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Revelations 3:19
- Bible Verse #11: They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
- Bible Verse #12: “Blessed is the one whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty. For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but his hands also heal.” Job 5:17-18
- Bible Verse #13: My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline, and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in. Proverbs 3:11-12
- Bible Verse #14: Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so the LORD your God disciplines you. Observe the commands of the LORD your God, walking in obedience to him and revering him. Deuteronomy 8:5-6
- Bible Verse #15: Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! Hebrews 12:7-9
Often times it is ourselves that are putting us through the pain of life by trying to hold on to what God is trying to pull away (you can watch my video down below for more on that) or doing something that we know for a fact that God does not want us to do. And then when we are punished for it we wonder why on Earth this is happening to us.
The reason why it is happening to you is that God is trying to tell you something. He is trying to issue out punishment to wake you up and stop you from going down the path of foolishness. And like any parent that disciplines a child, punishment is to discourage unwanted behavior so that the child does not keep making the same mistakes time and time again.
And that is what God’s discipline to you is all about. So I say this to you, life is life. It is always going to be hard, and we all have our burdens to bear. When trying to determine how to get through your hard time first determine if it is a really hard time or if it is self-inflicted.
No matter what your hard time is if you are able to navigate it, it will make you stronger. But if you get caught up on your burdens, downfalls, and wrong people, then you will never be stronger.
You will just stumble on the wrong things and then when you get up you will be so lost that you take the wrong path altogether. Instead, stumble get back up and keep it moving. Keep praying and keep going in the direction that God wants you to go. Learn what you need to learn and become the woman that God destined you to be.
I really hoped that these 15 uplifting Bible verses for hard times were able to encourage you about your situation. If you know someone that is going through a hard time that could read this post then don’t be selfish. Go ahead and share it with them.
If you need more encouragement on getting through hardships, then I highly suggest you get my Christianity Manifestation Guide will give you more Bible verses for hard times and that specifically has Biblically based affirmation on how to overcome hardship. Click here here to buy or the picture below to learn more.