To listen to the blog post “3 Ways People Projecting Insecurities On You Makes You Insecure” over reading it just click the play button below.
Other people’s problems can turn into your problems if you let them. That means that they are projecting insecurities onto you causing you to have your own problems.
I mean just think about it, whenever we have an issue of trust, jealousy, or any type of negative emotion we must reflect on where it comes from. Because most of the time it stems from somewhere. This is what I am going to talk about in this post. For more tips on self-esteem check out my video below. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel by clicking here.
1. When They Are Projecting Insecurities ~ Their Problems Manifest In You
Have you been hurt, abandoned, or abused by other people? Has someone told you, you were ugly, fat, or never would amount to anything? Have other people told you something about yourself so much now you believe it? Do you see how other people’s issues or problems with you has now become your issues and now you have your own set of problems to deal with? ALL because of something someone else said and did.
For example, because someone told you, you were stupid now you don’t want to go to college or that you make bad grades… because deep down you have started to believe that you are incapable of making good grades and doing well in school. It is like they have planted a seed of negativity and it has planted itself in your brain. And it grows bigger anytime someone else comes along and reinforces the negative things you think about yourself.
2. When They Are Projecting Insecurities ~ Case in Point
An example of someone protecting insecurities can be with my friend. I once had a friend that believed she was stupid and ugly because other people had told her that growing up. The first man she dated was emotionally abusive and told her the same thing about herself. So did the second man that she dated, and the third.
The point of this story is that because she was told that she was stupid and ugly that is what she believed about herself. And because she believed that about herself that is how she allowed people and even men she dated to treat her. And because the men she dated treated her badly calling her both stupid and ugly it just reinforced in her mind that this is who she was and that she did not deserve a good relationship.
Therefore, she got into a string of bad relationships all of because she grew up thinking that she was both stupid and ugly. When really, she was none of these things. But because she believed she was she became.
3. When They Are Projecting Insecurities ~ What To Do About It
Happiness is something that we all strive for. While it’s nearly impossible to rid negative thoughts, people and situations altogether (we’ll always have good and bad days), we can choose to strip away the parts of our life that bring us down and instead refocus that energy towards being the best versions of ourselves.
And some of these biggest detriments to success we encounter come from toxic people. (source). And toxic people are the main one’s projecting insecurities on others. Therefore, I am going to give you some tips on how to rid yourself of other people’s negative influence on you. Because once you do that, that is when you have the best chance of being happy.
- Projecting Insecurities ~ Recognize where the problem comes from. Was it your mother that used to put you down, a boyfriend, a sibling, or a friend? Did someone abuse or neglect you as a child? Where you used to growing up in an angry household and now you are an angry person? Once you know where it comes from that is when you can start to deal with it.
- Projecting Insecurities ~ Cut negative people out of your life. Even if it was your mom. You may not be able to NOT talk to her ever. But you can have boundaries. You can limit your communication with her if she is negative, tell her not to speak to you in a certain way, or you can excuse yourself and leave if she is still dumping her negativity on you. As an adult, I do not care who they are. You do not have to be someone’s dumping ground for emotional abuse.
- Projecting Insecurities ~Surround yourself with positive people. Instead of letting other people’s negativity get into your head, be with positive people instead, and use them as an influence over the negative ones.
- Projecting Insecurities ~ Positive affirmations. For every negative thing that is said it take like 7 positive to be said to combat the negative. So say positive things to yourself. To combat the negative deposits that people left in you, say the opposite. Tell yourself and believe what you are saying. I have an ebook of affirmations that you can click here to buy.
- Projecting Insecurities ~ Love yourself. When it really comes down to it I do not care what people say about me because I think way too much of myself to care. When you know who you are, you believe that you are the best thing since sliced bread, and you have high self-esteem. That way what other people think or do to you won’t matter so much.
- Projecting Insecurities ~ Do not be afraid to cut other people out of your life. You can forgive from a distance (see my blog here). If someone else’s problems is causing you problems it is better to let them go then let them continue to corrupt you. I have a video that you can watch down below.
“”Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so when you look in the mirror behold your own beauty and like what you see”
Remember that you were not created to be some person that lives with eternal issues, thinking low of yourself and that you are not deserving of anything. That is not the person you were meant to be. That is the person that other people’s issues made you into. The sooner you recognize where it comes from the better you can learn how to deal with it. And the way to deal with it is to find your own self and develop your own identity.
When you are secure in yourself and who you are as a person, then you will not be so quick to believe other people when they tell you something about yourself. You will not absorb their issues Do not let other’s people’s issues, opinion of you, or how people have treated to you shape the way you feel about yourself.
If you know someone that has been affected by other people’s issue then feel free to share this post with them.
AND I have something free for you. It is my book specifically for single women just click here to buy.