To listen to the blog post “5 Affordable Ways To Have Luxury At Home Spa Day” over reading it just click the play button below
In this post, I am going to give you tips on how to pamper yourself at home on a budget. If you are a reader of my blog then you should already know that I am pretty cheap. I love looking good on a budget and that includes pampering yourself at home.
That is why in this post I am going to give the absolute best on how to pamper yourself at home on budget tips. For additional budget-friendly pampering tips. I also recommend that you check out my blog on affordable ways that you can treat yourself to an at-home spa day by clicking here.
As for this post, I am going to get into how to pamper yourself at home on a budget by specific body parts. So that you can be pampered and flawless from head to toe. Are you ready? Let’s get into it.
Pamper Yourself & Have An At Home Spa Day ~ #1 Hands and Feet
Since you are a lady I am going to tell you that it is NOT cute to get ready to rub your feet and your hands up against someone and the dead skin from them is cutting your partner. NOT CUTE.
Having dead skin on your hands and feet can happen so if it does then do not be ashamed. But if you do not take care of it then that is you should feel a little ashamed. Because to soften up for feet are such easy steps that I am going to show you.
I have a family secret that is very simple that can get rid of the rough spots in your feet. You can use it for your hands as well. You can watch my video to see how. All you need is Vaseline, socks, and a plastic bag or saran wrap. Sea salt is optional.
Here is a hint on how to make this treatment work better. The longer you keep on the treatment the smoother your feet will get. Often times I have kept this treatment on my feet overnight and when you wake up you will see a complete difference in your feet.
Aside from the tip and video that I have provided above, there are also some amazing YET affordable products that will help you with your at-home pampering needs. And the wonderful thing about the products that I am going to mention is that these products can be used time and time again.
At Home Spa Day Kit For Your Hands & Feet
- All in one-foot spa bath massager w/heat (click here to buy). When the feet are in hot water, the blood which is congesting distant parts of the body is brought to the dilated vessels in the feet and legs. It will elevate the body temperature, relaxing tense muscles
- Amope Pedi Perfect Electronic Foot File (click to buy) ~ The Amope Pedi Perfect Foot File gently & effectively buffs away your thick hard skin to reveal touchably soft, smooth feet.
- Tea Tree Oil Foot Soak With Epsom Salt ~ A Foot Soak Salts Help Soften Stubborn Calluses, Thick Discolored Toenails and Dry Cracked Skin Found on The Heels and Bottom of the Feet “ Use for Pedicures or as Part of Your Ongoing Foot Maintenance
How to pamper yourself at home on a budget ~ #2 Give Yourself A Facial
Some of the best most budget effective type of pampering treatments are face mask. The following tips on how to do an at-home facial is from L’Oreal Paris.
At Home Spa Day Kit ~ For Your Facial
STEP 1: CLEANSE WITH MICELLAR WATER
- Using the Paris Micellar Cleansing Water Complete Waterproof Cleanser for All Skin Types. Just saturate a cotton pad with the micellar water and wipe the pad across your face.
STEP 2: EXFOLIATE WITH A FACE SCRUB
- Use a face scrub for gentle exfoliation such as the one seen here, as the next step in your at-home facial.
STEP 3: SPRAY ON A FACIAL MIST OR ESSENCE
- Get an extra boost of hydration by spritzing on a facial mist or essence with an invigorating scent to help perk up your senses.
STEP 4: GIVE YOURSELF A FACIAL MASSAGE
- Revive your skin with circulating movements for 10 minutes, gently working your fingers across your skin, avoiding dragging the skin downwards. Incorporate a facial oil into your massage to benefit your skin even further. If you don’t know the first thing about facial massage? Here’s How to Give Yourself a Facial Massage.
STEP 5: APPLY A SERUM
- Next, go ahead and layer a serum onto your skin next. Try the Paris RevitaLift Triple Power Concentrated Serum, which is formulated with hyaluronic acid.
STEP 6: MOISTURIZE
- Just like at the end of any skincare routine, you should hydrate your skin after your facial. If you’re going to bed, consider applying an overnight face mask, like Paris RevitaLift Triple Power Intensive Overnight Face Mask.
STEP 7. USE A SUGAR LIP SCRUB
- Don’t forget to pamper your lips too! Use a gentle sugar scrub to exfoliate before applying a hydrating lip conditioner. Click here to get one by Burt’s Bees.
STEP 8. COLD EYE COMPRESS
- Instantly revitalizing, apply a cold eye compress (even cucumber slices will do the trick) to your eyelids after cleansing your skin. The cool compress will feel amazing on your tired skin, so just lay back and listen to music or meditate while the compress rests on your eyes. Then, once the compress is removed, apply a few dabs of nourishing eye cream.
How to pamper yourself at home on a budget ~ #3 Waxing
If you go to the spa to get waxed then you may be paying a lot more than you want to. But good for you, you can wax from home and I can show you exactly how to do that.
Below is my video on how I waxed under my arms. You can also use this wax technique for other parts of your body but I was not about to go waxing my bikini area for the world to see. So when you watch this video you should get the general idea of waxing.
At Home Spa Day Kit For Waxing
To start waxing I used the Sally Hansen Lavender Spa Wax Hair Removal Kit for Body Legs Arms and Bikini for pretty much anywhere on your body. Once you waxed one body part you pretty much waxed them all. Watch my video below, to see how I wax my underarms, and this process pretty much applies to any area you want to wax. And subscribe to my channel by clicking here.
Other notable items that I used for waxing are Hair Off Instant Eyebrow Shapers Cold Wax Strips. These are a dummy-proof way to wax your eyebrows. It comes with a lot of strips ( so it will last a long time). You apply a strip on the top of your eyebrow and one strip at the bottom.
The strips are pre-cut to already mimic an arch so all you literally have to do is just line it up on your eyebrow and rip it off. And then you are left with an arched eyebrow. Not too much guesswork goes into it. If you are confused about how to do your eyebrows or want other methods, you can click my blog here for all you need to know about eyebrows.
#4 How to pamper yourself At Home Spa Day Kit
A hot bath. Rather than reaching for an expensive bath bomb, consider soaking in Epsom salt instead. Epsom salt promotes blood circulation and helps alleviate muscle tension and inflammation. After a long soak, give yourself a good scrub using some Korean body mitts for deep exfoliation. Follow your bath up with a long massage (see this massager), using either a lightweight moisturizing oil or one with an essential oil blend. (source)
#5 How to pamper yourself at home on a budget ~ Set The Mood
- Set the mood with relaxing music. Spotify has several spa-inspired playlists for you to find something that’s your style. It could be ambient, classical, or something really meditative like Tibetan singing bowls.
- Cleanse from the inside. Make a batch of fruit-infused detox water and make a point to finish it over the course of your day. Pick up a gallon of alkaline water from the store along with lemons, cucumbers, and watermelon, and keep a pitcher in your refrigerator. Have some healthy snacks like hummus and veggies or the makings for avocado toast on hand.
- Dress the part. It’s not going to feel like a truly pampering experience without the essential spa outfit, but it doesn’t have to be expensive to feel indulgent! A simple long robe, a pair of slippers, and a head wrap are all you need to feel like you’ve stepped out of your regular routine and into a space of self-care. (source). Here is a very comfy bathrobe and slipper set you can get that will do the trick.
Here are the tips for how to pamper yourself at home on a budget for literally every part of your body. If you know someone that is balling on a budget but still needs a spa day then go ahead and share this post with her.
For all of my fashion and beauty oriented fashionistas then I have something free that you are going to FREAKIN LOVE. YES LOVE. It is my 100% free ebook, the Sophie-sticated Mom Stylish, Chic, & Modern Christian Women’s Year-Round Capsule Wardrobe Plan. That’s right your forever wardrobe.
No more being the frumpy, bumpy, boring modest wardrobe, just because you are a Christian. Be Godly, frugal, relatively modest, chic, stylish, on a budget and look good doing it. Outfits for all seasons (spring, winter, fall, and summer) and most occasions work, casual, dates, gym, chilling or whatever and you will still be fashionable. Just click here or the picture below.