To listen to the blog post “7 Ways Judging Others Is NOT A Sin According To The Bible” over reading it just click the play button down below.
I know that when you came to this post you probably thought to yourself what in the world. Because as Christians we are not suppose to judge others. We are taught that judging others is a sin. We all know the Bible verse about judging others.
- “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you” Matthew 7:1-2
Just so that we are clear what this Bible verse is talking about is judging other people’s lives, telling them that they are going to hell, or what they are doing is wrong. Because if you read the rest of the Bible verse about judging others it says the following:
- Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. Matthew 7:3-5
Which is basically saying that none of us are perfect and to stop worrying about other people and focus on worrying about yourself. This is not the type of judging others I am talking about. What I am referring to is judging others in terms of who you do and do not need to deal with.
- Have you ever had a friend that just stabbed you in the back?
- Have you ever supported someone only to find out there are a snake in the grass?
- Have you every dealt with someone and they either treated you bad, stole from you, or turned out to be a different person than who you expected?
- Have you ever been in a relationships and they just treated you like crap or even cheated on you?
- And my next question to you is that wouldn’t you want to avoid dealing with people like that?
When I talk about judging others I mean to judge them based off of knowing who you should and should not allow in your life. As I wrote in a previous blog, Christ does require us to love everyone but that does not mean that we need to let every person that is not good for us into our life.
And that is where the judging comes in. You need to be able to judge people by their character to determine IF they are a good person to deal with. This can go for relationships, friendships, and even family sometimes. Also check out my video where I talk more about this. Where you can forgive but choose to not deal with certain people. And don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel by clicking here.
1. Judging Others In The Bible ~ Bible Verse About Judging Others
The key to judging others really comes down to what types of fruits they are putting out. And because you may not know what that means, take this Bible verse about judging others so that everything is put into context for you.
- “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit…. ‘ How can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart.’ The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil.” Matthew 12:33-37
2. Is Judging a Sin? ~ Case In Point When Judging Others Is Okay
Because I know that reading Bible verses can be like reading a parable I want to break it down to you so that you understand with an actual situation that you can relate to. If I walked up to you and said that I am a millionaire would you believe me? Maybe, but what if after you got to know me you see that I am homeless, living on the street, and that I am always asking you for money, would you still believe I am a millionaire?
Which would you believe, my words, telling you I am a millionaire OR would you think I am a liar because you see me living in poverty and struggle? You would probably say that I am a lair because why would a millionaire be poor. That is literally the exact opposite of being a millionaire.
3. Judging Others ~ What’s my point:
The fact of the matter is that people can pretend to be whoever, they can say that they are whoever, and they can put on whatever persona they want to put on. BUT what really matters is their fruit or the person YOU observe them to be when no one is looking or the person they really are when they are not trying to pretend to be someone else. And the actions that they are putting out.
If all of these things are good then they are good but if they are bad then they are bad and it is best to stay away from them. For example, if your man says that he is a good man but he is always gone, does not pay attention to you, cheats on your, and hits you. I do not care how much he tells you he loves you his actions (aka his fruits) do not reflect the actions of a good person. Also check out my video below on how to spot and deal with toxic people.
4. Judging Others & Is Judging a Sin? Not When You Do It Like This
Earlier I asked you if you had ever dealt with someone and considered them to be your friend and they turned out to be a snake in the grass.
- Now the next thing I want to ask you is that before you really let this person in your life did you get to know them?
- Did you observe them?
- Did you find out what they were about or did you just let them in your life?
If you are just letting people in your life without first REALLY knowing them, then you have to change the way you do things. This is going to lead you into a pattern of having very toxic people in your inner circle. And if you did know the backstabbing person you let in your life then I am sure there were some red flags that told you this person was putting out some pretty rotten fruit but you chose to ignore it and chose to believe a cute face, a pretty smile, a six pack, some good sex, or whatever lie they were telling you even though you could clearly see their fruit was bad.
Now you may be saying to yourself: “BUT Sophia they said there were Christian.”
And my answer to you is this. Just because people say they are Christian does not make it so. One thing that I can’t stand is people who claim to be an upstanding God fearing person when in fact they are all types of evil. Just because a person SAYS they are something does not make it true, look at the fruits they are putting out and then you judge whether you should deal with them based on that. Which I have a video for more on this topic that you can watch down below.
Just because someone knows the Bible or shows their face in church does not mean that they are good. When the devil tempted Jesus, even he quoted the Bible. So let’s not mistake and think that people who say they pray, quote the Bible, or walk around and pretend that they are good people, are really good people that you should invite in your life with open arms. The only true test is looking at who they are, what they do when they are not under the roof of the church, and who they are when no one is looking.
5. Why Judging Others Is Important?
The biggest mistake you can make is trusting everyone and following everyone just because. People can say anything. But their talk needs to match their walk. (Also check out my blog on your word being your bond). That is why I have learned to not pay attention to what people tell me but to pay attention to what people do. Because people can tell you anything.
They can tell you that they are for you, that they support you, that they are good, that they love you, or that they care. But really they are a snake in the grass ready to stab you in the back as soon as you are not looking. (You can also check out my blog on frenemies). What really matters is:
- Do you feel supported?
- Do you feel loved?
- Do you see that they are good?
- Or do you feel cared for by them?
If not, then that is their fruit and that is how you should proceed in your interactions with them.
6. Judging Others The Right Way
To sum all of this up You Will Know Them By Their Fruits means that you will know them by their actions. There is no masking who you really are and what is in your heart (Check out my blog on what’s in the heart the mouth will speak) because that person will always come out despite who they pretend to be.
- Do they say they love you, but cheat on you?
- Do they say they are an honest person, but then they have a habit of lying?
- Do they say that they are Christian, but then they go in stores and steal everything they can get their hands on?
- Do they say that they are your friend but they gossip about you every chance they get?
- Do they say they are there for you but when you really need them they are no were to be found?
If so, they have already shown you their fruit and then you have to ask yourself why you still have these people around. Either you are bearing good fruit or you are not. If they are bearing bad fruit then they have every right to do that but let them do that in a distance they do not have to bring their bad fruit over to you allowing it to disrupt your everyday life. No one is perfect. I get that. But each person who seeks to be good will bear good fruit. And people that you choose to have in your inner circle should be positive and they too should bear good fruit.
If you are dealing with a friendship or relationship and the person is trying to convince you that they mean well for you, but everything they do to you is bad. You need to run. That person is not bearing good fruit. Their intentions are not good. Do not pay attention to their words but pay attention to their actions. You Will Know Them By Their Fruits.
Do not hang out with the person putting on a Jesus mask during the day and at night they are having candlelight dinners with the devil. The last thing you want is the consequences of their bad fruit to come over into your life because you are close to them.
And trust me, the prison is full of people who were just with a friend and that friend just so happen to steal, murder someone, or commit some other crime. All the while the innocent person was just with them or had an association with them and they have to do the time just the same. That is why it is so important to watch the people that you allow into your life and to only allow people who bear good fruit into your life.
7. Judging Others In The Bible
I hope that I explained the right way and the wrong way to judge others. I don’t want you going around judging others for no reason but rather judging others based on their actions to see if they should or should not be in your life. Also check out my video below on the WRONG way to judge others according to the Bible.
If you know someone who may want to read this post then go ahead and share it with them.
PLUS I have something for you that I know you are going to enjoy. And it my ebook Fix It Jesus! Everything You Need To Know About Spiritual Fasting From Beginning To End. If you are dealing with someone and you are not sure if they should be in your inner circle, fasting is a great way to hear from God. Click here or the picture below to learn more about the ebook, it is only 99 cents.